[geos-devel] geos Help

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Nov 27 23:39:52 EST 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Elavazhagan.M wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>

>>             I am currently developing a GDAL/OGR Driver for LAS files
>> and I need to use the GEOS library for spatial indexing support. I am
>> using MS Visual Studio 2005 as the developing environment. I
>> downloaded the *geos-svn.tar.bz2* file* *from “*geos.refractions.net*”
>> and changed *geos_c.h.in* to *geos_c.h* and *version.h.in* to
>> *version.h. *When I built GEOS, I am getting the following error in
>> geos_c.h, while other files build successfully.
>>

>> *error C2059: syntax error : '__declspec(dllexport)'
>> d:\geos\capi\geos_c.h*
>>
>> * *
>>
>> Kindly help me out in resolving this issue. Are there any major
>> changes when I build GEOS with MS Visual Studio?
>
> Elavazhagan,
>
> For reasons not clear to me the gdal-svn.tar.bz2 is aparently not being
> updated.  Could you try it with the geos-3.0.0rc2 code from the geos page
> instead?  I believe I have had good luck with it on windows.

Elavazhagan,

Also, current SVN checkout compiles for me with Visual C++ 2005.
By the way, here you can find my Visual C++ 2005 project files to
compile GEOS:

http://mateusz.loskot.net/projects/geos/

see first bullet under GEOS 3.0.0.
Download it, check README file, put sources into 'geos' directory and it
should work.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot