[geos-devel] troubles understanding GEOS

Del Cacho, Carlos (Carlos) delcacho at lucent.com
Tue Nov 28 09:08:43 EST 2006

PostGIS may be sufficient for what you want to do.

Just remember you cannot create spatial columns through CREATE statements,
use AddGeometryColumn instead:
http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/ch04.html#id2523380

And... you need to create a spatial index on the geometry column for
enhancing query speed:
http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/ch04.html#id2524285

Cheers,
Carlos del Cacho