[geos-devel] Python/Swig/Configure Bug

Charlie Savage cfis at savagexi.com
Thu Aug 30 01:30:44 EDT 2007

This patch from Mark does not work as intended:

http://lists.refractions.net/pipermail/geos-devel/2007-February/002816.html

If you have Python, then --enable-python will *always* be considered
true, even if you say --disable-python.  Thus ./configure will always go
out and query the python executable for path info and such.  And I
assume build the bindings also, although I haven't verified that.

So this is a better situation that what the patch is trying to fix
(python is run even if you don't have python), but is hardly ideal.

I'm not an autoconf expert, so I leave it to someone else to fix.

Charlie