[geos-devel] GEOS release

Dale Lutz Dale.Lutz at safe.com
Thu Dec 13 12:36:45 EST 2007

Hello GEOSers,

I'm quite encouraged to see that the latest JTS stuff is headed towards GEOS land, that is very good news.

In terms of GEOS 3, I believe that at Safe we have received and verified some reports of buffering problems that work in JTS but not in GEOS.  I didn't see anything like this mentioned on the bug list that Paul pointed to, so I will try to get someone here to retest and if these are problems we'll look into them further and if needed submit them (or ideally just provide a fix, but I can't promise).

Anyone else out there know of buffering failures in GEOS, and have nice duplicable cases?

Dale

Dale Lutz              Safe Software Inc.           dale.lutz at safe.com<mailto:dal at safe.com>
VP Development         Surrey, BC, CANADA        phone: (604) 501-9985
                       http://www.safe.com         fax: (604) 501-9965