[geos-devel] Problem with building 3.0.0rc

Charlie Savage cfis at savagexi.com
Fri Dec 28 00:20:21 EST 2007

Sean Gillies wrote:
> I'm encountering a problem with the 3.0 release candidate that blocks a
> build on my Ubuntu 6.10 i686.
>
> "configure --prefix=/tmp; make; make install" bails out here:
>
> I don't understand why the install-pkgpythonPYTHON target is attempted
> when I haven't enabled the swig python bindings. Any idea what's up here?

Thinking about this more, I think the way this was setup is to run SWIG
if the bindings file (*.cxx) is older than any changes to the SWIG
interface files (*.i).

That should not be the case unless you've modified the interface files,
or they've somehow been modified in SVN since the generation of the
*.cxx files.

Charlie