[geos-devel] New problem when compiling QGis against geos 3.0.0rc4

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Feb 15 10:59:51 EST 2007

Mike Leahy wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> When I compile QGis 0.8.0 against GEOS 3.0.0rc3, it works fine.  Now,
> however, compiling against GEOS 3.0.0rc4 gives me the the errors below.
>  I'm positive that I haven't done anything different with rc4.  I tried
> both rc3 and rc4 last night just to be sure...does anybody have an idea
> what I need to do to fix this?

AFAIK, QGIS doesn't officially support GEOS 3.x but GEOS 2.x.
You are likely dealing with GEOS C++ API changes - the API that can
change from time to time. QGIS is going to move to GEOS C API in
near future. I'd suggest to ask on the #qgis channel or QGIS lists.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net