[geos-devel] Any List of Supported Complilers?

Ryan Chang ryan.changj at gmail.com
Fri May 11 02:22:50 EDT 2007

Hi,

We are developing a Solaris10 based product which make use of GEOS 2.2.2, we
compiled it under GCC4, but the performance is not so good comparing to
another solution which does not make use of GEOS. But as some SUN's engineer
said, the performance of Sun Studio compiled applications is tens of
times better than GCC compiled apps on SPARC, so we want to take

another shot on GEOS to try if it is better than the other solution if
we compile it with Sun Studio 10. Now
we met some problem compiling it with SUN Studio10,
I have searched the list archive for a "official" list of supported
compilers but failed, so would anybody please give such a list, so that
we can decide if it is applicable to compile it with Sun Studio10?

Thanks!

Ryan