AW: [geos-devel] Simple example (20 lines of code) crashes, but why ?

Yücel Ahi y.ahi at web.de
Fri May 18 14:20:11 EDT 2007

>my very simple sample code (below) crashes when i call isValid().
>Can anybody reproduce the problem or know what the problem might be ?

Ok, just in case someone else has this problem:

I compiled the sources on windows with Visual Studio 2005 using the provided
makefile for visual studio in the downloaded package. Afterwards i linked my
test application against the C++ static lib of geos which lead to the
problem described.

Then i tried this: I added all the source files to a new Visual Studio 2005
project and configured the include path. I rebuilded the static libs (for
debug and release version) with the new visual studio project and linked
against the new libs. Voila it worked (and i don't really know what the
problem was) !

(I have some other problems now...but i will start a new thread on that
topic cause i don't know if they are related to this thread or not)