[geos-devel] Problem with the Buffer method

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Sun Sep 2 05:47:09 EDT 2007

Hello,

I've got some tracks (computed from wind data) for which I want to
create buffers. The tracks are often self-intersecting and basically a
mess geometrically but sometimes I can compute useful buffers for them,
often only after simplifying them. The problem is that when the Buffer
method fails, it seems to fail by getting into an eternal loop. Does
anybody have ideas how to avoid this or how the code could detect these
situations (so that I could skip tracks that cause problems automatically)?

I'm using 2.2.3 through GDAL.

Regards,

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Geoinformaatio- ja paikannustekniikka / Geoinformation and positioning