[geos-devel] editing of geos geometries

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Wed Sep 19 03:54:23 EDT 2007

Dear geos devels,

I' m looking into implementing geometry edits with geos classes, e.g. moving,
adding, deleting vertices from geometries. I noticed that there is no
possibility to directly change individual vertices in geos::geom::Geometry
interface. Is this correct or did I overlook something?
So I wonder what the best way is to implement such edits. Is it to

-replace the whole geometry in case of a single vertex change?

-implement subclasses and change the vertex coordinates of the geos class from
subclass?

-or is it possible to use/create filter classes for that purpose?

Thanks for your advice,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler