[geos-devel] How to destroy PreparedGeometry object?

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Aug 11 18:01:03 EDT 2008

Folks,

There is PreparedGeometryFactory class with create/prepare methods.
Both return object of PreparedGeometry type dynamically allocated on
heap (using new operator).

Now, how such geometry returned from the factory is supposed to be
destroyed?

Comparing to GeometryFactory, there is destroyGeometry method that
accepts pointer to object of Geometry type. It works well.

Back to prepared geometry, GeometryFactory::destroyGeometry() can not be
used to destroy object of type of PreparedGeometry because it is
unrelated in any way to Geometry type, so no casting is possible.

For me it looks that there is one method missing
PreparedGeometryFactory::destroyGeometry, though I may have missed some
other way to destroy prep geom.

Any suggestions?

Best regards,