[geos-devel] Thread Safe CAPI ready for review

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Mon Dec 1 08:27:59 EST 2008

Chuck,

Thanks.  I applied the patch and tried compiling under VC2005 and there
is still an issue.

I think the geos\trunk\build\msvc80\geos_c_dll\geos_c_dll.vcproj

and

trunk\build\msvc80\geos_lib\geos_lib.vcproj

need to be changed accordingly.

Even after fixing this - still doesn't compile under my msvc80
environment.  There is another problem, which I think has to do with
Paul's last change which didn't give me a problem under OpenSUSE but
causes an error when compiling under VC2005.

Also I am noticing that the trunk\msvc80 is trying to create some files
in C:\Development\msys

I think this was corrected in 3.0 branch with last patch since I didn't
see the same flaw there.

Anyrate as soon as your patch is committed and Paul fixes the other
issue, I'd be happy to submit my patch for the msvc80 folder.

-- To Paul,
-- The error I am getting under VC2005
Error	415	error C2440: 'return' : cannot convert from 'char' to
'char *'
geos\trunk\capi\geos_c.cpp	169

Haven't tested with the plain makefile.vc or under mingw yet.

Thanks,
Regina