[geos-devel] Geos 3 library size

Tim Mitchell t.mitchell at aranz.com
Mon Jan 14 14:40:40 EST 2008

Hi,

I'm new to geos and have just downloaded an svn snapshot and built the
libraries on windows XP using the visual studio solution files in
build/msvc80 using 2005 Express edition.  I am using the library via the
shapely python interface and it seems to work.

However the resulting geos.lib is 113Mb which is twice the size of the
debug build (47 Mb).  I find hard to believe the release lib is bigger
than the debug lib and all this from 6Mb of source (using it will triple
the size of my app!!).  I am a C person and have never touched C++
before and I just wanted to check that these file sizes are correct.

Thanks,
Tim

--
Tim Mitchell