[geos-devel] Makefile.vc Updates

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jan 16 13:44:56 EST 2008

Folks,

I have updated source/Makefile.vc to include a bunch of the new classes
so it seems to properly create the DLLs (r2107).

I have also observed that the distinction between geos.dll and
geos_c.dll as built by the Makefile.vc is essentially a fraud.  It
appears we make no effort to declare GEOS C++ classes in a way that allows
the C++ API to be exported from DLLs, so geos.dll is really just the same
as geos_c.dll (only C API exported) with the exception that a bunch of
extra C++ classes are included that have no access via the C API.

I have not changed this yet, but I assuming we don't want to declare the
C++ classes in a way that they can be exported from DLLs, I'll just strip
down the Makefile.vc to only generate geos.dll.

Best regards,