[geos-devel] RFC for Thread safe CAPI announced

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Oct 17 14:36:42 EDT 2008

Chuck Thibert wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Thanks for the feedback on my initial proposal.  I have updated the
> proposal with said feedback and posted an official RFC on Trac at:
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/wiki/RFC3

Chuck,

It looks good, but I would like to stress the value of providing actual
prototypes for a few of the new functions (especially the initialization
and cleanup functions) to make it more clear what would happen.

I'd also like to see the RFC declaring that the _r versions will be the
preferred API going into the future, with the old API being deprecated
and eliminated in the distant future (perhaps GEOS 4 or GEOS 5).

Best regards,