[geos-devel] GEOS 3.0.2 fails to compile under MingW Win32

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Sun Oct 19 17:01:09 EDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-10-19 at 21:48 +0100, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> My current solution is the attached patch which works by replacing
> strdup() with a simple malloc() and strcpy() to preserve the old locale.
> Note that this will almost certainly need to be applied to the 3.1
> branch too, although I haven't got as far as trying to compile it on
> Win32 - yet ;)

And as if by magic:
http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/ticket/212

Cool. In that case, please can this be backported to the 3.0 branch? And
I think we also need to backport the gcc-4.3 fixes since Debian and SUSE
are now using gcc-4.3 by default (see
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-devel/2008-October/003939.html for the SUSE confirmation, and my local machine as of 2 hours ago is the Debian Lenny confirmation).

ATB,

Mark.