[geos-devel] 3.0.3 To Do

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Oct 22 16:21:15 EDT 2008

Obe, Regina wrote:
> Paul,
>
> You're going to miss some minor dramas if you keep on sleeping like this
> :)
>
> He did test on mingw but not Visual C++.  Think we need a Visual C++
> tester.  I presume it should compile in that.  I would myself, but
> haven't quite figured out how that side of Visual Studio works.

Folks,

I have built GEOS from SVN on MSVC 9 (express edition).  It works,
though I had to commit a change in source/makefile.vc adding the
new CLocalizer.cpp module.

So, thumbs up for MSVC builds.

PS. I've uploaded the new build as the official OSGeo4W GEOS
package.  I've also observed that there are precision results with
the geostest output on MSVC and it makes the results differ enough
to make the tests useless.  Is this expected?

Best regards,