[geos-devel] OverlayOp JTS port

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Wed Sep 17 14:00:15 EDT 2008

I apologize for the barrage of questions.  As far as I can tell the
OverlayOp.cpp is vintage JTS 1.7 (which I think is same as the JTS 1.9 for this class)

except it has the additional calls of

checkObviouslyWrongResult() - which most of that code looks like it would never
be called because of the #ifdefs except for the

assert(resultGeom);
UNREFERENCED_PARAMETER(opCode); (have no clue what this does)

and also a
elevationMatrix->elevate(resultGeom);

which looks like will get called since USE_ELEVATION_MATRIX 1.

Is the elevationMatrix designed to deal with 3d geometries?  Didn't realize
Union actually works with those, but then I never tried it with 3d.

So I'm a little puzzled why these 2 extra function calls since I always thought
GEOS was at best on par with JTS?

Thanks,
Regina