[geos-devel] question about GEOSUnion?

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Tue Apr 14 00:17:42 EDT 2009

LiN YongHeng,

Its best to change the subject line if you must reply to a digest and cut out all non-relevant stuff.

Now getting back to your question.  I don't use GEOS directly but thru PostGIS, but I presume it behaves the same.

1) There is no such thing as LINE.  If I try that I get invalid geometry, but maybe GEOS doesn't validate that and function then does somethig strange with it.

It should be
LINESTRING(1 3,1 6)

2) When I do Envelope of LINESTRING(1 3, 3 6)

I get
LINESTRING(1 3,1 6)

3) Which version of GEOS are you using?

Hope that helps,