[geos-devel] split self-intersecting LineString into non-intersecting lines

Quentin VUILLIOT q.vuilliot at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 09:24:58 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure this is the right place to post such a question, but I
can't find any other Geos mailing-list or forum. So please excuse me
if I'm wrong here.

I can't find a way of splitting a linestring that intersects itself
into several linestrings that don't. I'm surprised not to find any
clues about that on the web, though it seems to me that it should be a
rather common problem, isn't it?
I mean, there is a function to determine whether a linestring is
simple or not, but nothing to do more with it, like locate the
intersection points?

Thank you in advance for your answers

Quentin