[geos-devel] Missing files in geos-3.1.1.tar.bz2

Paul Meems bontepaarden at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 04:55:26 EST 2009

Hi List,

I'm new to this list.
I'm Paul Meems from The Netherlands.
I'm a member of the MapWindow GIS community.
We use GEOS together with GDAL in MapWindow GIS.
We're currently in the process of updating all our supporting libraries to
the latest stable ones.

Yesterday I've downloaded *2009/06/15 geos-3.1.1.tar.bz2* and try to compile
it using VS2008
I get all kinds of errors about missing files.
I managed to find some in SVN but these are still missing:
Error    104    fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file:
'..\..\..\source\geom\util\
PolygonExtracter.cpp': No such file or directory    c1xx    geos_lib
Error    105    fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file:
'..\..\..\source\geom\util\PointExtracter.cpp': No such file or directory
c1xx    geos_lib
Error    106    fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file:
'..\..\..\source\geom\util\LinearComponentExtracter.cpp': No such file or
directory    c1xx    geos_lib
Error    122    fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file:
'..\..\..\source\geom\CoordinateSequenceFactory.cpp': No such file or
directory    c1xx    geos_lib

I tried searching the net for this or on the GEOS website but I can't find a
solution.
I did read something about not mixing source files of different version of
GEOS.
So I'm puzzled how to continue.

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks,