3D operations (Re: [geos-devel] C API coordinate sequence dimensions)

strk strk at keybit.net
Wed Jan 14 04:04:23 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 07:54:21AM +0000, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> Can anyone with more experience with BuildArea (like Martin!) comment on
> whether this is a GEOS bug or simply a problem with behaviour > 2
> dimensions being undefined?

JTS didn't support 3d when I added it to GEOS, so can't really
serve as a source of information. The 3d task was added driven by
customer needs, so the only working and tested functions was the one
the customer needed. If I recall correctly it was mainly Intersection
and probably Union.

Since other functions are based on the former, there may be side-effects
you wouldn't care about if you aren't using 3d features.

Paul draw the specs about expected behaviour. Dunno if there's a doc
around and I likely lost mine (Oops).

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!