[geos-devel] a question about the conversion from Geometry* to Polygon*

南野秀一 南野秀一 kurama_xp at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 26 05:22:29 EDT 2009

I use the following function to get the intersection of two polygons which have holes and the value returned is Geometry *.

geos::precision::EnhancedPrecisionOp:: intersection(Poly_A,Poly_B);

If getGeometryTypeId() tells me the geometry returned is a polygon, how can I get a pointer Polygon * from Geometry * safely ? If I convert it directly, is it always safe ?

Thanks.