[geos-devel] Question

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Tue Mar 31 11:49:45 EDT 2009

To clarify: your first representation is nonstandard:

  SRID=5001;POINT(44 31)

GEOS will accept it, but it won't emit it. If you print out

 GEOSGeomToWKT(g1)

you will see the standard representation

  POINT(44 31)

which you'll note doesn't include the SRID.

It doesn't actually look like we support output encodings that embed
the srid... odd.