[geos-devel] Benchmark between various geometry libraries

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Wed Nov 18 12:18:58 EST 2009

I see that Matz has already been looking at a GGL binding for PostGIS,
and I think when the 2.0 cycle begins I will also examine the
possibility. Then we can see where the rubber meets the road. Even
where GGL has a strong base-case speed, thinks like PreparedGeometry
will probably make GEOS faster for common predicate use cases (not
that GGL can't steal that idea too, eventually).

P.