[geos-devel] GEOS Ruby bindings gem and extensions

J Smith jay at zoocasa.com
Wed Dec 1 14:13:35 EST 2010

That's a possibility, perhaps using ruby's ffi bindings, assuming it doesn't hurt performance and keeps the existing API. It sure could make things nicer for adding functionality and could open the code up potentially to a new audience who aren't familiar with hacking at ruby at the C level. I have previously done an ffi library, having converted the old ruby gd2 bindings library from using dlopen and friends to using ffi (see the gd2-ffij gem), so I'm familiar with the process. Something to think about for sure... Dammit, I think my weekend might have just been ruined, thanks for the idea. :)

Sent from my mobile