[geos-devel] Dimension and Coordinate Sequences

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon May 17 12:39:15 EDT 2010

strk wrote:
 > Sure, you may try that.
 > Only, I highly dubt any computation will check dimension of input(s)
 > and use that to dimension the output.

Paul, strk,

OK, I'm going to make a quick pass to try and implement support for
differentiating between 2D and 3D dimension of geometries in the default
CoordinateSequence related classes and ensure that the path from WKB, and
WKT to GEOS Geometries and back will preserve dimension.

At this time I'm not going to try and address M, nor to start going into
the algorithms and making them dimension aware.

This is driven by the Ingres implementation effort, by the way.

Best regards,