[geos-devel] ZoomToView Issue

jbcarr jbcarrillo at rcflood.org
Wed Feb 2 12:55:22 EST 2011

Hello All,

               I’m new to Mapguide. I am trying to get the ZoomToView to run
but am having issues. I can get it to work if I place my .aspx page in the
Task Pane of the map. But when I try to use it from an .aspx page from
outside of the task pane it doesn’t work. The map loads fine and my query
works fine, I get results but I can’t seem to get any javascript to run on
the map. I hard coded the coordinates for the ZoomToView in the code below.
The same code works fine when run from the Task Pane but again I’d like to
run it from outside the Task Pane. Thanks

<%

    'from the previous page
    Dim sessionId As [String] = Request.Form.[Get]("SESSION")
    Dim encroachPermit As [String] = Request.Form.[Get]("iAPN")
    Dim webLayout As [String] = "Library://JC_Test/WebLayer/C.WebLayout"

    'path to web config
    Dim realPath As String = Request.ServerVariables("APPL_PHYSICAL_PATH")
    Dim configPath As [String] = realPath & "webconfig.ini"
    MapGuideApi.MgInitializeWebTier("C:\Program
Files\AutoDesk\MapGuideEnterprise2011\WebServerExtensions\www\webconfig.ini")

    Dim userInfo As New MgUserInformation(sessionId)
    Dim siteConnection As New MgSiteConnection()
    siteConnection.Open(userInfo)

    Dim resService As MgResourceService =
DirectCast(siteConnection.CreateService(MgServiceType.ResourceService),
MgResourceService)
    Dim featureService As MgFeatureService =
DirectCast(siteConnection.CreateService(MgServiceType.FeatureService),
MgFeatureService)

    'Map from Map Guide
    Dim map As New MgMap()
    map.Open(resService, "C")

    'Query for the second condition
    Dim nameQuery As New MgFeatureQueryOptions()
    nameQuery.SetFilter("APN = '" & encroachPermit & "'")

    'second feature sources to compare first to
    Dim encroachId As New MgResourceIdentifier("Library://Oracle Feature
Source/FCT1TEST_Assessor feature source.FeatureSource")
    Dim featureReader As MgFeatureReader =
featureService.SelectFeatures(encroachId, "PARCELPTS", nameQuery)

    Dim list As New ArrayList()
    Dim x_coordinate As New ArrayList()
    Dim y_coordinate As New ArrayList()

    While featureReader.ReadNext()
        list.Add(featureReader.GetString("APN"))
    End While

    'Highlight the query result on the map
    Dim selection As New MgSelection(map)
    Dim layer As MgLayer = map.GetLayers().GetItem("C_Parcels")
    featureReader = featureService.SelectFeatures(encroachId, "PARCELPTS",
nameQuery)
    selection.AddFeatures(layer, featureReader, 0)
    Dim selectionXML As [String] = selection.ToXml()
    Dim selectionXML2 As [String] = selection.ToXml()

%>
<head>
    <title>Make Query</title>

    <script type="text/javascript">
        function onPageLoad() {

            parent.parent.ZoomToView(6249630.51, 2281462.61, 5000, true);

        }

    </script>

</head>
    <strong>The following are the query results: </strong>
    <ul>
        <%
            For i As Integer = 0 To list.Count - 1
                Dim address As [String] = list(i).ToString()
                If address <> "" Then
                    Response.Write("<li>" & list(i).ToString() & "</li>" &
vbLf)
                End If
            Next

        %>
    </ul>

    <iframe id="imap"
src="/mapguide2011/mapviewernet/ajaxviewer.aspx?SESSION=<%=
sessionId %>&WEBLAYOUT=<%= webLayout %>" name="ViewerFrame" height="700"
        width="1200" scrolling="yes" />

Thanks,
JC