[geos-devel] RE: [Jts-topo-suite-user] JTS Topology error

James.Sewell at lisasoft.com James.Sewell at lisasoft.com
Wed Feb 2 18:55:08 EST 2011

(Crossposting to GEOS list)

I see. So the difference between the GeometryNoder with a PrecisionModel and using ST_Snaptogrid from PostGIS on the input geometries is that the GeometryNoder snaps all nodes which are created by the noding process as it works?

This seems like an elegant solution to deal with the roundoff issues.

I gather GEOS doesn't expose noding functionality in this way? Is this something that could possibly be added? From PostGIS would a command like ST_Node(geometry, 10E-10) make sense / be plausible? Or would a better solution be to define the precision for each geometry column?

It is possible I will be able to commit some time to this problem, so I am keen to hear what the GEOS list people think.

Cheers,
James Sewell
Developer
LISAsoft
Ph: +61 3 8680 3250 Fax: +61 3 8680 3299
Level 9, 601 Bourke St, Melbourne Vic 3000

LISAsoft is part of the A2end Group of Companies
http://www.ardec.com.au<http://www.ardec.com.au/>
http://www.lisasoft.com<http://www.lisasoft.com/>
http://www.terrapages.com<http://www.terrapages.com/>