[geos-devel] Noding linework

Martin Davis mtnclimb at telus.net
Thu Jul 14 23:17:55 EDT 2011

Yes, union() is supposed to fully node linework.

This case works fine in JTS 1.11 (and JTS 1.12) - i.e. running the
equivalent of polygonize( union( boundary(A),  B).  The output from the
union checks out as being fully noded, and the polygonize produces 2
valid polygons.

So possibly this is one of those numerical issues which shows up in GEOS
in native code, but not in JTS in Java?  This maybe one of those cases
where GEOS and JTS need to be traced through in parallel (which seems
really painful, but I think you've done this in the past, right?)

Martin