[geos-devel] [postgis-devel] GEOS 3.4.1 is out

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Mon Aug 19 05:45:11 PDT 2013

Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> writes:

> On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 09:00:43PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>
>>   geos/platform.h withdrawn
>
> This is unexpected. We discussed this at 3.4.0 release time and was
> considered a packaging bug, wasn't it ? If it's still in 3.4.1 we need
> a 3.4.2 ASAP to fix it. Maybe it takes a BLOCKER ticket to be considered
> by the packager :-/

Sorry, I didn't realize that you thought it was a bug in a packaging
system.

r3866 removed it from geos_HEADERS in include/geos/Makefile.am, as part
of "#601 do not incude platform.h in tar ball."  It makes sense not to
include it in the tarball as it's a generated file, but taking it out of
geos_HEADERS prevents the installation as well.
I think we want nodist_geos_HEADERS = platform.h.

>>   new empty directory /usr/pkg/lib/geos

The problem is in php/Makefile.am.  pkglib_LTLIBRARIES is defined, and
it seems that required directory is created, even if "if ENABLE_PHP" is
false and the rest of the code isn't executed.  Arguably this is an
automake bug.  I would suggest hoisting the if ENABLE_PHP conditional up
a level and only having the SUBDIRS+=php if php is enabled, which will
prevent executing any of the php/Makefile.am.