[geos-devel] Question about GEOSPolygonize_full_r

Sean Gillies sean.gillies at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 20:47:35 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Shapely users have been asking me about access to GEOSPolygonize_full_r and
I'm looking into it today. One thing I don't understand about the function
(not being much of a C++ programmer anymore) is why the cuts, dangles, and
invalid rings are only retrieved if the pointers passed in for them are not
NULL?

http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/browser/tags/3.3.8/capi/geos_ts_c.cpp#L3077

Wouldn't it be better if the pointers *were* NULL since they are supposed
to point to memory allocated by this function instead of bringing in data
from the caller?

--
Sean Gillies