[geos-devel] Using C instead of C++ api in library used by QGis plugin?

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Sun Mar 10 11:35:25 PDT 2013

Hi

 > Should I use GEOS C or C++ api in my library? I read that C
> api is recommended because of it is more stable. But when I tried to
> use it, I'm missing some functionality.

That's what they say. The question is: how stable is "stable" for you?
I'm using the C++ API in my Code for about 1.5 years now and geos
changed every now an then a class or method name, switched some
parameters around or moved something into another namespace.

None of these changes created more then half an hour of work on my side.
If you plan is to deploy your code onto a customers appliance, you'd be
better of using the C api, but for a hobby project or a small business
application, the C++ has proven to be stable enough for me.

Regards, Peter