[geos-devel] strange behavior with offsetCurve, resulting points get resorted

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon Oct 21 01:00:45 PDT 2013

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 09:34:24AM +0200, Swen Zanon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what i would expect is shown here: http://onmaps.de/tmp/wcqs5aay.png
> (modified your image a bit).

Ok, now I see what you mean by "resorted".
The distance between the original first point and the output first point
is not the specified one.

It may have to do with the topological "lack of boundary" for closed
linestrings. Similar issue found with PostGIS topology:
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/2175

Not sure what it takes to fix this within GEOS.
Feel free to file a ticket for the bug. Ideally with a patch attached:
http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/query

> PS: the site http://keybit.net/ is not reachable ...

I know. I'm the guest of a phantom house :)

--strk;

  ()   Keep it simple, stupid!
  /\   http://strk.keybit.net/