[geos-devel] Exposing Precision model through C-API

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Feb 12 08:52:57 PST 2014

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 10:08:07PM +0530, Anubhav Jaiswal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone point me to any other geometric model which has already been
> exposed through C-API. It will make it easier for me to implement for
> Precision Model.

The C-API completely hides the PrecisionModel to the client
and internally forces Floating, by using the default
GeometryFactory (geos_ts_c.cpp:209)

In order to use a different PrecisionModel you'll need
to construct a different GeometryFactory using that model,
and the constructed GeometryFactory will need to stay alive
for the whole lifetime of any geometry that's been constructed
with that factory.