[geos-devel] Looking for the closest point

Paul Meems bontepaarden at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 03:04:38 PST 2014

Thanks Rémi,

Unfortunately I can't use SpatiaLite or PostGIS.

For now I do this:
1) Break all lines into separate linestrings
2) Search around my location for 1 or more linestrings
3) Create a perpendicular line from my location to the found linestring
4) Use the linestring with the shortest perpendicular line.

I was just wondering if GEOS can already do this.

Thanks,

Paul

 *Paul Meems *
Release manager, configuration manager
and forum moderator of MapWindow GIS.
www.mapwindow.org

Owner of MapWindow.nl - Support for
Dutch speaking users.
www.mapwindow.nl

*Join us at the MapWindow GIS Conference 2014
<http://geogis.detek.unideb.hu/TKonferencia/2014/>, in Debrecen Hungary*