[geos-devel] Exposing PrecisionModel, GeometryPrecisionReducer in the C API

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Jan 6 04:34:00 PST 2015

On Mon, Jan 05, 2015 at 05:17:26PM +0100, Sandro Mani wrote:
> On 23.12.2014 14:23, Sandro Mani wrote:
>
> >Following the initial discussion in ticket #713 [1], I'd like to
> >discuss the exposing of PrecisionModel and
> >GeometryPrecisionReducer methods in the C API.
>
> >[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/ticket/713
> >[2] http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/wiki/GSoC/CAPI_PrecisionModel
>
> Any comments on this? Should I move ahead and post a complete patch?

I'm not very comfortable with forcing callers to take care of
keeping a PrecisionModel object alive. As you noted it
would be a good idea to just have GeometryFactory keep a copy
of that. I'm actually not even sure this isn't the case already,
should check.

If I recall correctly a previous proposal was to "downgrade" the
precision model to an argument to the GeometryFactory constructor.
What do you think ?