[geos-devel] Object Destruction

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Oct 30 03:27:58 PDT 2015

On 30 October 2015 at 10:47, thilo.fischer at ksti.de
<thilo.fischer at ksti.de> wrote:
> On 30 October 2015 at 10:10, <geos-devel-bounces at lists.osgeo.org on behalf
> of mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:
>>> http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/ticket/325
>>> [...]
>>> Is it that a destroy function for CoordinateSequence is missing in GEOS
>>> (is it a bug?),
>>
>>I'd say, Sandro's comment explains the reason:
>>
>>"In JTS GeometryFactory? is a class while CoordinateSequenceFactory?
>>is an interface. In JTS neither GeometryFactory? nor
>>CoordinateSequenceFactory? have a destroy function."
>
> I must confess: I don't fully understand this part of Sandro's comment. In
> JTS, we have Garbage Collection and thus no need for destruction
> functions, isn't it?

I understand it differently: JTS API does not provide such method(s),
so GEOS does not have it either - GEOS is a direct port of JTS without
any (or strictly limited) custom extension to the master API defined in JTS.

However, it would be best if Sandro chimed in and clarify that.

Best regards,
--
Mateusz  Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net