[geos-devel] github.com/libgeos vs github.com/OSGeo ?

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Apr 5 13:07:59 PDT 2017

On 5 April 2017 at 17:58, Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 05, 2017 at 05:39:06PM +0200, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>>
>> In the spirit of community re-integration, wouldn't it be better to merge
>> into github.com/OSGeo/GEOS ?
>
> As long as my github user can still force-push to the `geos` and `php-geos`
> repositories I don't have a problem with that,

OK

> other than the effort of
> updating all the remotes (can github do this by itself?) and the wiki page
> (can github keep a redirect?).

AFAIK, it's not possible.

> If you can do all of the above transparently, please go ahead.

I have created new team to manage access privs:
https://github.com/orgs/OSGeo/teams/geos

Next, I'd like to transfer

https://github.com/libgeos/libgeos -> https://github.com/OSGeo/geos

Do we agree?

Then, the mirror updating scripts will need to be updated.

Could you do that Sandro?

> Note that for its nature, the mirror repository needs to have issues
> and ideally wiki off (not sure this is possible, on github).

Yes.

Best regards,