[geos-devel] Ready to switch from SVN to GIT ?

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Apr 7 04:12:42 PDT 2017

On 7 April 2017 at 11:41, Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 06, 2017 at 05:17:04PM -0400, Regina Obe wrote:
>
>> That said I only work for free on projects I contribute to and/or am
>> emotionally attached to.  If it helps OSGeo that's good.
>> If I'm getting paid for it to ensure it helps OSGeo, then I'd happily do it.
>
> I suggest you join the SAC mailing list and state your interest in
> the activities. I'd really love to see the SAC team grow !

Sandro, we certainly are free to activate ourselves in whatever areas
we like, but,
approach based on suggesting/requesting to join SAC and join admin efforts
or join gogs/gitea and contribute, whenever someone expresses interest or
makes a feature request to SAC is not an acceptable policy.

Although I perfectly understand (and often agree with) your motivation,
such attitude will make more harm than good.
It certainly won't help to justify self-hosted OSGeo infrastructure to
the Community.

Best regards,