[geos-devel] MacOS DYLD Fix

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu Nov 9 13:46:36 PST 2023

From XCode 15, the dyld linker no longer falls back to /usr/local/lib when resolving an @rpath, so installing libraries in /usr/local/lib and hoping that the linker finds them there is no longer workable. They need to be installed with LC_ID_DYLIB set to the install location, which in cmake world means installing them after setting the INSTALL_NAME_DIR property on the target.

https://github.com/libgeos/geos/commit/8cf761b4d77b1261e0f6673c6716adb2daee7eb1

I have committed this into main, and would like to pull it back a few stable braches too, since I need it to effectively work on postgis/geos on my Macbook, but I am going to hold off on the stable branches for a while, if anyone working on main finds that this change has broken something in *their* environment, please let me know.

P.