[Geoserver-jp] Geoserver + Thematics

Mario Basa mario.basa @ gmail.com
2010年 5月 17日 (月) 11:53:30 EDT

This is such a quiet list and I hope this mail might add some activity to it.

Hello I am Mario, a GIS Developer based here in Tokyo, and I have been
working on a thematic engine for Geoserver as a personal project. I
just finished making a web application that can create thematic maps
out of *any* polygon layer that is registered in the Geoserver
repository, which I would like to contribute back to this community.

Basically, what the application does is to:
- get data from the layer via a WFS request
- create a range list out of the data
- using the range list, create a dynamic SLD
- pass the SLD when making a map and legend WMS request

Please see the attached screendumps.

If interested, the WAR file containing the application can be downloaded here:

http://mbasa.homelinux.net/getme/geothematics.war

To Install:
===========
1. download the war file
2. copy the war file to <tomcat dir>/webapps
3. start tomcat

To View Thematic Maps:
======================
1. Register polygon layers into the Geoserver Repository
2. View the polygon layers via the url:

example:

   http://localhost:8080/geothematics/showtheme?layer=topp:states

NOTE: This application will try to get only metric (numeric) fields to
      display in the Thematic attribute list. For numeric ID fileds
      (i.e. Prefecture-ID,Country-ID,etc.), add a suffix "-ID" to the
      fieldname so that it will not show in the attribute list.

To Customize:
=============

To change the Google Key, add or delete colors and ranges, etc., edit
the properties file at:

<tomcat dir>/webapps/geothematics/WEB-INF/classes/properties/thematic.properties

NOTE: the ColorNames and Colors should have equal number of items, otherwise
      no color choices will appear in the Colors list of the web page.

I am just doing this in my free time, so there must be lots of bugs. I
will really appreciate it if I can be informed of any problems so I
can try to fix it.

Regards,

Mario.

p.s. sorry this is in English.