[geotk] Circle Polygon

theuns theunsheydenrych at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 07:02:41 EDT 2009

Me and Johann sorted it out.

The circle i am generating with the JTS geom.buffer is generated with a
CRS(3395) captured point , so the values generated is still in
CRS(3395), and like Adrian pointed out is that JTS does not take in
acount the CRS. So when the circle is displayed it still used the
CRS(3395) for the display of the values , hence the round circle.

The suggestion is now to use the geodedicCalculator to work out the
values for the circle, for a certain CRS, this makes more sense to me,
since the geodedicCalculator will take in account the CRS.

Do you agree?

Thanks for all the help