[geotk] comparing CRS

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Thu Jun 24 11:43:43 EDT 2010

Hello all

Le 24/06/10 14:29, Jon Blower a écrit :
> Or you could find a MathTransform between the two CRSs and check
> isIdentity().  I remember a discussion on this list a little while ago
> about this but I can't remember whether there were pros and cons for
> this method against equalsIgnoreMetadata().

There is a few corner cases where testing for MathTransform.isIdentity() will
give a better result than testing CRS.equalsIgnoreMetadata(...). Otherwise in
the majority of cases, the result is the same except that equalsIgnoreMetadata
is less expensive than finding the MathTransform.

Just in case in may be of any use, there is a FAQ there:

     http://www.geotoolkit.org/modules/referencing/faq.html

	Regards,