[geotk] WKT and TemporalCRS

Aaron Braeckel braeckel at ucar.edu
Tue Nov 16 12:36:13 EST 2010

Hello,

just following up on a conversation with Martin today.  I am building a
4-D temporal CRS, writing it out to WKT, and trying to read it back in.
I need to go both ways for my client/server app.  It sounds like the
TemporalCRS is not standardized, and there is not currently any WKT
reading support for it.  I can think of two options:

1) Decide on a format and implement TemporalCRS support
2) I change courses and use another standardized format (GML or
something else) for CRS representations

Any thoughts?
Aaron

Code:
===============
    CoordinateReferenceSystem crs2D = CRS.decode ( " EPSG:27582 " );
    System.out.println( crs2D );
    System.out.println( "======================" );
    TemporalCRS temporalAxis = DefaultTemporalCRS.JULIAN;
    VerticalCRS verticalAxis = DefaultVerticalCRS.GEOIDAL_HEIGHT;
    CompoundCRS crs4D = new DefaultCompoundCRS( " MyCRS4D " , crs2D,
temporalAxis, verticalAxis);
    String crs4DWKT = crs4D.toString();
    System.out.println( crs4DWKT );
    System.out.println( "======================" );

    Parser wktParser = new ReferencingParser();
    CoordinateReferenceSystem crs =
(CoordinateReferenceSystem)wktParser.parseObject( crs4DWKT );
java.text.ParseException: Error in "COMPD_CS": Type "TEMPORALCRS" is
unknown in this context.
    at
org.geotoolkit.io.wkt.ReferencingParser.parseCoordinateReferenceSystem(ReferencingParser.java:293)
    at
org.geotoolkit.io.wkt.ReferencingParser.parseCompdCS(ReferencingParser.java:987)
    at
org.geotoolkit.io.wkt.ReferencingParser.parse(ReferencingParser.java:326)
    at org.geotoolkit.io.wkt.Parser.parseObject(Parser.java:131)