[geotk] RE:Unmarshalling XML into ISO Objects (Russ Baker)

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Thu Feb 3 12:09:22 EST 2011

Hello Russ

Le 03/02/11 17:35, Russ Baker a écrit :
> If you look at the XML that I provided, there are a number of attributes (e.g.
> "uuid," "codeList" and "codeListValue") that I do not know how to access.
> Those values will change depending upon the record, and what I would like to
> do in addition to testing the values of the elements "individualName,"
> "organisationName," etc... is to test the values of those attributes.
The "uuid" is not yet supported, but this is work in progress (since last week,
I started to rework on Metadata marshalling/unmarshalling).

There is no public API for fetching directly the "codeList" attribute in current
Geotk implementation, because this attribute is (in theory) redundant with the
<gmd:CI_RoleCode> (for example) element. For example (continuing on the XML and
code example), the following:

    DefaultResponsibleParty retValue = ...;
    System.out.println(retValue.getRole());

should print:

    Role[POINT_OF_CONTACT]

You can test equality by:

    if (Role.POINT_OF_CONTACT.equals(retValue.getRole()))

The same apply to every code lists.

Would it work for your data, or do you have cases where the "codeList" attribute
is different than the XML element containing it?

     Regards,