[geotk] Reading netcdf GMT GRD as coverage

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Thu Feb 10 16:52:24 EST 2011

Hello Brian

Le 10/02/11 20:06, Brian Schlining a écrit :
> I'm trying the following:
>
> GridCoverageReader reader = new ImageCoverageReader();
> reader.setInput(new File("/Users/brian/Desktop/MontereyCanyon_UTM50.grd"));
>
> but it barfs with the following message:
> 'org.geotoolkit.coverage.io.CoverageStoreException: Can't read file
> "MontereyCanyon_UTM50.grd"'.

The "grd" file suffix is not currently in the list of suffixes associated to the
NetCDF format. Those suffix are currently:

"nc", "ncml", "cdf", "grib", "grib1", "grib2", "grb", "grb1", "grb2"

Could you try renaming the file with any of the above suffix and see if it
works? If the "grd" suffix is commonly used, I will add it to the list tomorrow.

Of course, the geotk-coverageio-netcdf.jar file and the netcdf.jar file needs to
be on the classpath.

     Regards,