[geotk] Problem with org.geoapi

Brian Schlining bschlining at gmail.com
Wed May 18 11:59:15 EDT 2011

> I have never seen such errors before... Which Java compiler (implementor,
> version...) is used by Scala?

 Scala uses it's own compiler. (Martin Odersky, The guy who wrote the Scala
compiler, also wrote Java's compiler, javac)  I'm building using Scala 2.8.1
(which is running on Apple's Java 1.6.0_24 (the latest)). I read somewhere
that those errors might occur when classes are compiled with way older Java
compilers, and, not knowing which version of Java was used to compile the
opengis api's I checked out the source and recompiled it myself. Still got
the same error. I tried compiling both 2.3-RC1 and 3.0 still got the same
errors. Interestingly, 2.3-M9 works just fine.
--
Brian Schlining
bschlining at gmail.com