[geotk] Status on reading and displaying netCDF-files

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Mon Sep 17 06:00:07 PDT 2012

Le 17/09/12 20:47, Westgård Trond a écrit :
> The error message when trying to render the file is (so I really never
> get to the point where the time-slider comes into use .....):
>
> java.lang.AssertionError
>
> at
> org.geotoolkit.referencing.operation.AbstractCoordinateOperationFactory.concatenate(AbstractCoordinateOperationFactory.java:537)

I had a look in the code, and this assertion contains a comment saying
"/we sometime get this assertion failure if the user provided CRS with
two different ellipsoids but an identical TOWGS84 conversion infos
(which is usually wrong, but still happen)./" (here, "/user/" can mean
"/the NetCDF reader/", not necessarily the human user).

Could you try to run the application with assertions disabled? In the
JVM runtime parameters in the NetBeans project properties, there is
probably a "-ea" option. If you could try running the application
without that option and see if it works or not, it would be a useful
information.