[geotk] compiling geotk from source

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.fr
Sat Mar 1 16:13:30 PST 2014

Hello Juergen

We noticed an issue with Maven 3.2.1, which is caused (in Apache SIS) by
a custom Maven plugin (namely "sis-build-helper") built by the project
in same time than the other modules. It was working fine with Maven 3.0
and 3.1, but Maven 3.2 apparently does not accept that anymore. I have
not yet verified if a similar issue exists in Geotk, but that could be.

On the SIS side, the issue with Maven 3.2 should be solved when we will
release SIS 0.4. In the main time I use Maven 3.1 for both SIS and
Geotk. If you have a chance to try Maven 3.1, maybe it would work.
Otherwise I will check Monday if I can fix the Maven 3.2 issue on Geotk
before the SIS 0.4 release.

     Regards,

         Martin